Putting music from nano to Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Angelo Z, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Angelo Z macrumors newbie

My nano is a first generation one, the kind with the silver backing and no video. I put the touch, and nano, and they both show up in itunes. Next thing I do is copy all the songs on my nano by going to edit copy, then pasting them in my touch, but it doesn't work. How in the world do I drag the music files from my nano onto my touch on itunes, or a desktop folder???

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Err yeah thats not possible, the way the whole itunes thing works iss..

iTunes Hold all your music and videos --> iTunes moves your music and videos to your iPod/s

Not iPod to iPod.
    You need to have all the stuff you want on your iPod Touch on iTunes and then under the iPod Touch tab select the stuff you want transfer over (like playlists and movies/tv shows or photos.)

3. Angelo Z thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, how do I transfer the music off my nano to itunes, then to touch? I have also went to export music on my nano, and it ended up as an XML file. Even when my nano is plugged in and I go to my songs, I cannot drag them over to my itunes library. I also have some movies in my documents folder on my computer, but I can't get those onto my ipod touch either. I managed to drag some songs to it. but I want to be able to do it with all.

4. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Right ok.. ermm If you can sync it with a different computer (or a different user might work) it will say do you want to copy over the songs from the nano to the computer (different user) and then move it over to usb drive or something, move it back to your normal user or computer and sync it back.

5. Angelo Z thread starter macrumors newbie

I exported my libraby from my nano and it ended up in XML format. Now I don't know what to do. My nano's music is no where on my computer except for my nano itself. I want to transfer those songs from my nano to my itunes library, then onto my touch. Problem is, it will not let my paste or drag them.

6. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

You cannot copy and paste them, that is not a choice. Exporting your songs only makes a list of your song names its not the actual music files, You will have to do as I said above or you can try some 3rd party ways which might not always work with your ipod or could be risky. http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/ipodcopy/ is one, if that doesn't work try googling "get songs of ipod" and search for over ones. Next time keep all your songs and media files backed up and in one place, it prevents this from happening.

7. gmugrad04 macrumors newbie

I used ephpod to do exactly what you are talking about. Copied songs from an old ipod (which converted them back to mpeg format, then put them in itunes and sent them to my touch.