putting music/photos/video on ipad from different computer

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aspenboy, Jan 16, 2012.

1. aspenboy macrumors member

my mother in law is in town visiting and we want to transfer photos and videos and mp3s of her visit with the kids to her ipad before she goes home. It seems to be a real pain to do this since her computer at her home and not here.

Does anyone know of a way to add mp3s to a playlist in her ipod app or photos to an album and videos to her ipod app from a computer that is not her home syncing one. I think it will erase all her music, photos and videos if we try to sync her ipad with our computer.

I can't be the only one who wants to do this and I can't believe it is this hard. Hopefully I'm missing something easy/obvious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

On your Mac/PC create an account on a service such as DropBox (www.dropbox.com) and copy the content you want to share there.

Your mother-in-law can then do two things:

• Download the Dropbox app onto her iPad, run it, and log into the account you just created. She can then copy the content to her iPad.
    • Wait until she gets home and then log in to Dropbox from her computer. She can then copy the content to her computer and view it there, and also sync it back to her iPad.
    Hope this helps,

RTP.

3. amesgardner macrumors newbie

Is there any other way like using the camera connection kit? It has USB / SD options? I to have a lot of files I want to get onto the iPad 2 and dont want to go thru iTunes?

4. aspenboy thread starter macrumors member

since she's not terribly computer savvy, options like these are hard to do. She doesn't even download pictures to her computer unless one of her adult children comes to visit. It does seem like Apple should make it a bit easier to put photos and videos onto someone elses ipad without the need for the comptuer to be synced with iTunes. Otherwise it's not so good as a replacement travel computer.