Putting my mac to sleep and then internet stops working?? Help ME!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr.Uav, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Mr.Uav macrumors newbie

Okay so this just started happening to me today, where i will close my lid on my macbook pro 13" (2011) and when i open it again say 5 mins later; it will take forever ( a good extra 5 minutes) to reconnect to my internet on chrome and on Safari. I don't know if it's the new update Apple just made me do, but it's been really annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Mersailios macrumors regular

Are you using a router? If so, are you using an Ethernet connection or a Wireless connection?

3. rmitchell248 macrumors 6502

Yes this is happening to me and it is ridiculous. I have to restart my computer after it sleeps to get wifi to work again. This started happening with the latest Lion update this week.

4. wpotere Guest

It is a known Lion bug. Nothing you can do but wait for Apple to fix their problems. They have yet to release a solid bug patch for Lion yet. Both patches released were only for new features like iCloud.:mad:

5. awfpack, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

awfpack macrumors newbie

My 15" early 2011 is doing the same thing..... mine has been connected to the same wireless router and never had this problem until the update last week. I called apple support and he just made me delete my router then add it back to my list.
    Mine just did it again when I woke up this morning.
    What a pain!

6. Mr.Uav thread starter macrumors newbie

okay thanks all, i really thought it was my Mac also but I'll wait and see what Apple does. Because i know it wasnt my router because my ipod and my phone get internet good with no problems.