Putting two photographs side-by-side to make one image?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MasterHowl, May 18, 2012.

1. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

Hello,

I'm wanting to print out a few hundred photographs 3 inches by 2 inches, but the only size my local printing shop does prints I can afford is 6 inches by 4 inches.

I need to get two photographs side by side, so when they print, I can just cut down the middle and have two 3 by 2 photographs...

Is there any way I can use Automator/an app/preview to do this automatically? As I say, I have a few hundred photographs, so it'll take forever to do it manually using Pixelmator....

Thank you!

2. AussieDee macrumors newbie

Download Gimp, which is more or less a free version of Photoshop, you can do two-ups (or more) using that program and much more. Save as.. print them out etc...

3. MasterHowl thread starter macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I download Gimp, but I'm looking for a way of doing this process in batch... there are hundreds of photographs I'd like to do it to, but it'll take forever to do it manually through Gimp of PS.

Thanks for the reply though!

4. goRoostr macrumors member

Most decent print shops have RIP software that they use before they print your stuff. Almost all the RIPs have options to put pictures 2 up or more for you automatically, and fit them to a specific size. You shouldn't have to do it on your own, and if the print shop says they cant do it, find a different print shop that's knowledgeable.

5. AussieDee macrumors newbie

Lightroom has the capability to do print layouts as well. I dunno if you wanna go that route but that's also an option.

6. MasterHowl thread starter macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I didn't know this, thanks! I'll have a hunt round for one