Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
i used dvddecrypter to rip the dvd and then videora to convert it to itunes. the problem is is that the vd is ripped into 4 different sections. is there a way to keep the movie together rather than separating it? i want the movie to show up in my ipod as 1 movie, not 4 separate movies. Please help!!!

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
in the program VisualHub there's a "stitch together" feature.

you'll have to re-encode it, but it'll fix the problem.
is visual hub for windows? im not seeing that option on DVDFab HD Decrypter. What's the best ripping program where i can do this?

bigbadnewill

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
Is there not an option somewhere in dvd decrypter to seperate (or not) the decrypted movie into 1gb pieces? If you turn it off, it should make it one large file? Just try look in preferences/options type places...you should find it.

I haven't used dvddecrypter for a while since i am now a mac owner, and use the ever handy handbrake...does it all in one click. :)

Shorties

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
Southern California
i used dvddecrypter to rip the dvd and then videora to convert it to itunes. the problem is is that the vd is ripped into 4 different sections. is there a way to keep the movie together rather than separating it? i want the movie to show up in my ipod as 1 movie, not 4 separate movies. Please help!!!

In the DVD Decrypter settings there is an option to split files into 1GB chunks, uncheck that then re-decrypt it.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
If you go to Videora's website, they have a step by step guide of how to use both programs for ripping dvds into one file, then convert it how you want for the iPod, etc.

Edit: here's a link to it.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
is it possible that newer DVDs don't work? Dumb and dumber worked for me but borat did not. Is this normal? ps i love typing on my touch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.