Putting vista on my Mac bad idea??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by egyptianeyes, Nov 23, 2008.

1. egyptianeyes macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook 2.2GHz 1GB RAM 160GB 128mb shared memory graphics

I want to put windows on my computer via boot camp, but when i try to click continue on the Boot Camp Assistant window, it says "Boot Camp cannot be used. You must update your system software before using this setup assistant." And I don't know what its talking about, my computer is up to date. Please help!! :confused:
    and also is putting vista a bad idea? Please explain what it would do to it. Should I buy XP instead and use that? thanks in advance!:)

PS. I wanted to play FLYFF and it didnt work, I downloaded DarWine and I was able to download it and install it, but it didn't run. So I'm turning to Boot Camp.

2. sandypeter111 macrumors newbie

3. psingh01 macrumors 65816

You will probably see no real benefit from Vista over XP, but if you already have Vista don't bon't go out to buy XP. What version of OSX do you have?

4. egyptianeyes thread starter macrumors newbie

I have OSX.5 leopard. and I want to put windows on my computer via boot camp. But when I try using boot camp it says I can't continue without a system update. So when I start up Boot Camp in Leopard, it shows this window saying "Introduction" at the top, and its asking me to print the steps of how to install windows. But when I click continue it asks me

"Boot Camp Assistant cannot be used."
    "You must update your system software before using this setup assistant."

My power adapter is plugged in, Microsoft Vista Ultimate CD is in the computer, but I don't know what to do.