Putting XM/Sirius on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TSX, Jan 18, 2009.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Before i had the Iphone, i had a BB pearl. I used to get XM on it by using ORB, uXM or uSirius. Has anyone tried using ORB yet to get It working? Here the instructions to get it to work on a BB http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...check-out.html

I think it should work on the Iphone but i havent tried it yet.

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

3. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I don't know. You could post a question about that in that forum link I posted. The developers of the app read and respond to questions there.

5. markgamber macrumors 6502

As I posted in the other section, Sirius works fine on the iPhone via uSirius and Orb. There are instructions on the uSirius web site. Orb for the iPhone isn't free, however. If you're looking for a free solution, good luck.

6. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Ya it works fine through Orb, though i stopped using it cause i was sick of keeping my computer on just to use it, so im like w/e. Hopefully that XM app comes out soon, wanna hear O&A all the time!

7. rednano74 macrumors member

I am getting an iPhone this coming weekend (ATT is dropping the $36 activation fee for new accounts Jan 22-25 for those interested) and hoping for an actual Sirius app via iTunes myself. Not sure if Sirius/XM will approve it though???

I have been using an app from geekstoolbox on my Motorla Q for 2 years now. It works nicely!

Thanks for that uSirius link for the time being...

8. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

There is a free ORB app http://appshopper.com/entertainment/orblive-free
    There is also a uXM for XM users, this is just a solution to getting XM/Sirius on the iphone for the time being.

9. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I'm 99.999% sure they will.

10. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

+1

Why in the hell would you pay for satellite radio on the iPhone when there are plenty of free options available? Or why not, ya know, just listen to your own music collection?

11. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Or if you already have XM/Sirius, this will be nice to have.

12. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Opie And Anthony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ron and Fez!!!!!!

And pandora doesnt always have everything i like, i like XMs music better. And lately Slacker Radio is better than Pandora too.

13. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

howard stern, derek and romaine, frank decarro, etc... only on sirius/xm

14. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

UK Radio 1 and English Premier League games live...

15. markgamber macrumors 6502

Why in the hell would you take time out of your day to post this? D'oy...yeah, never thought of the thousands of songs I have on my iPhone. All these years I've been throwing away my money for no reason whatsoever....my world is turned upside down!

16. jeffdc5 macrumors member

jeffdc5

it would be so great to have Ron and Fez on my iphone and some opie and anthony if im bored

17. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Reverse those two, and I'm thinking the same thing as you.

18. gotzaiPhone macrumors member

Hit the nail on the head. Here in Chicago, O&A aren't on anymore and I only have 1 XM unit, so it will be nice to have the option to listen to them anywhere with a XM app.

19. jeffdc5 macrumors member

jeffdc5

O&A are great but i can't stand when anthony goes on a 20 minute fake racist rant boring

20. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

It's been a while since I've had XM but I laughed my butt off when they would do the Lucky Strike bits.

21. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

Does anyone know if Sirius/XM plan on charging the $4.99 additional receiver fee to use the iphone app or if there will be a one time fee for the app? Also, is all the content available or is it like the internet feed where it's only music and a few select channels?

22. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Haha, but you can listen to the CBS side of the show on the Aol radio app, I listen to that app as I get ready in the morning and then I just get in my car and it continues.

23. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Lmao those are hilarious, especially how he talks about when he goes to his like favorite site nmania.com

24. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

The developer already posted a thread here.

To those suggesting Orb... when did Orb put out a Mac server, and where did they hide it? I only see XP server on orb.com. The only always-on "computer" I have myself is an Apple TV, so Orb/uXM probably isn't for me anyway, unless they've hidden a Tiger server somewhere.