PvZ Crash

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by huntermaclean, Jun 11, 2011.

1. huntermaclean macrumors member

I downloaded the latest Plants vs Zombies (1.6) and started a fresh game. Played just fine until level 4-2 where the game consistently crashes right before the first wave.
    Tried re-installing the app, still crashes.

Anyone else having problems with the latest update? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Hunter

iPhone 3G
    iOS 4.2.1

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Doesn't crash for me. Maybe it's because it's on old tech.

3. huntermaclean thread starter macrumors member

If it was hardware related, the crashing would be more random. I've experienced major slowdowns with a ton of pea shooters and zombies on the screen, but never a crash until now. The fact that I can reproduce the problem at the exact same place every time tells me it must be software related.

4. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Whenever I still had my 3G, it was slow as hell. 4.3.3 still sucks, but hopefully 5.0 will fix that.

5. huntermaclean thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I wanna upgrade, just waiting for the next hardware release.

So, I did some more testing and discovered part of the problem. I had been using the lanterns to get rid of the fog. Since this was the first level I began using the lanterns, I tried the level without them. It played through just fine. I'm not sure what it means, I will forward my findings to Pop Cap and just play through the fog for now!

Hunter

6. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Well if you can get through one of the heavy fog levels without lanterns then that's another achievement. Good luck, I don't know what to tell ya.

7. chyndl macrumors newbie

Exact same issue

...on iPhone 3G. It just started a few days ago. I stopped using the lanterns, and it seemed to work, but it's still noticeably slower than it was last week. I'll send a message to PopCap as well.

Thanks for the workaround!