Pwnage tool 2.0.3 available

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by TheZimm, Aug 25, 2008.

1. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

So back in 1.1.4 FW I jailbroke. Now I didnt in 2.0, I'm thinkin of doing it now, Im downloading the new tool and will keep posted about it

2. illweather macrumors regular

Gave it a try, but after the restore was done, iTunes said my iPod needed to restart, but would show up in iTunes in a sec. But when it restarted, the iPod once again was in recovery mode (itunes symbol with the usb cable). I tried restoring again, however the second time it didn't get very far, then I get an error from iTunes saying it can't be restored, unknown error "6"

Tried restoring several times now, anyone know what it could be?

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Typically people try a) different USB cable b) different USB port c) triple check you're in DFU mode

4. illweather macrumors regular

Well that was my problem then, I was in Recovery mode, not sure if that is DFU. The app said recovery... Any suggestions now. iPod won't restore, and keep getting errors. Nothing works right now, so this touch is useless

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

doesn't sound like you were in dfu mode properly

just follow the pwnage tool's instructions for DFU and you should be fine, they key to getting it right is to have the ipod powered and unpluged from USB when you start pwnage tool and then when it says to plug in THEN you plug the ipod in and follow the instructions

6. illweather macrumors regular

Well the process (or at least instructions) have changed for the new version of Pwnage. Pwnage makes the custom software then tells you to put your ipod in recovery mode, then restore using iTunes.

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ah right i didn't know that, I am without a mac at the min so I am not able to test the new version.

8. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

It's now been pulled down - too many issues....:(

9. illweather macrumors regular

Really? I got mine out of the endless recovery mode by plugging it into another Mac, and restoring it with a clean and freshly downloaded 2.0.2. Now I'm gonna give the latest Pwnage one last chance...

10. illweather macrumors regular

No dice. It went through the whole process perfectly, but in the end it once again went into recovery mode. Some bug I guess, hopefully a fix soon, cause I was getting used to 2.0 and my first Pwn this last weekend worked great.

11. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

is there a way to get around the administrator password in the mac pwnage tool??

12. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

illweather - pwnage doesn't put the device into recovery mode you do so its possible you are doing it wrong. I done pwnage last night and chose to do dfu mode, so I clicked no when it asked if I had pwned before and well it worked first time and second time.

TheZimm - no there isn't, just ask whoever owns the mac to put the password in simple sorted done :)

13. illweather macrumors regular

Obviously Pwnage doesn't put it into recovery mode, and I wasn't putting the device into DFU mode, because after clicking "yes" on whether I had pwned my device, Pwnage says to put your device into recovery mode, not DFU.

But, the New version works great, and just to be safe I chose to click "no" on whether my device had been previously pwned. I think that's a good bet for anyone re-pwning their device, but maybe the new version of Pwnage has it taken care of.

14. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I think they could do with a picture guide for putting the device into recovery mode aswell, its all well saying put in recovery mode but it would also be handy for beginners to jailbreak to be shown how to put it in recovery mode correctly.

I miss having the likes of ziphone and iliberty one click to bung the device into the correct mode, shame they changed the way the ipod goes into dfu and recovery.