Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaka1988

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Hey guys

I have an iphone 3gs 3.1.3. I want to use the pwnage tool to upgrade it to 4.1. Do I i need to download the original 3.1.3 firmware version to create the 4.1 custom firmware? Or do I need to download the original 4.1 to create 4.1 custom firmware?

wolfgang666

macrumors regular
May 6, 2010
Hey guys

I have an iphone 3gs 3.1.3. I want to use the pwnage tool to upgrade it to 4.1. Do I i need to download the original 3.1.3 firmware version to create the 4.1 custom firmware? Or do I need to download the original 4.1 to create 4.1 custom firmware?

understand where you are coming from mate.. we all were newbies like you at some point or the other..
jst go through this guide..

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...1-on-iphone-4-ipad-ipod-touch-apple-tv-guide/

u dnt need 3.1.3 firmware by d way..jst the official 4.1 firmware to create the custom ipsw..

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
forgot to ask. How can I jailbreak iphone 3g 4.1 custom firmwared?

Have you considered READING the guide at the link that was provided? First you said you had a 3gs, now you are talking about a 3g. So do you have two phones now?

Chaka1988

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Have you considered READING the guide at the link that was provided? First you said you had a 3gs, now you are talking about a 3g. So do you have two phones now?

2 iphones. 1 3gs and 1 3g. Dont worry. Just realised that pwnage tool can jailbreak and not only preserve the baseband.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.