pwnage tool not connecting with 32 gig ipod touch need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by donkylegs, Mar 6, 2009.

1. donkylegs macrumors newbie

im usually pretty good at figuring this sort of thing out but am not having much luck jailbreaking my new 32 gig ipod touch. It came with ipod software 2.2.1 installed. I have been trying all of the step by step guides I can find but am stuck early in the process. When using Pwnage tool 2.2.5 i get to the point where it tells me to connect the ipod to the usb port, but when I do whether powered up or turned of pwnage tool does not recognize that it has been conected. Durring this process the ipod will go ahead and connect to itunes but Pwnage tool does not see it. The only way I can get Pwnage tool to recognize the ipod is if I go ahead and start the "hold power and home key .... " process before it prompts me to do so, then once i have gotten to the point in that process where i have released the power button while still holding the home key, i tunes pops up to tell me it sees the ipod as being in recovery mode, and then pwnage tool prompts me to power down the ipod. Problem is at this point the ipod isnt to a point where it can be powered down, all i can do is hold the power and home keys. it will allow me to restart the ipod and follow the hold buttons release procedure but always ends up telling me that I have failed to go into dfu mode.

Can any one help me out here? I have gone through this process 15 times or more and am not getting any where.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'm guessing with you sayin it came with 2.2.1 on it that you have the 2nd gen with the volume buttons on the outside??

You will not get pwnage tool to work with a 2nd gen iPod you need to use a tool called redsn0w

3. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

PwnageTool will NOT work with the new iPod touch (known as the "2nd generation" iPod touch). If you're not sure whether you have the 1st generation or the 2nd generation, you can always tell if there are up/down volume buttons on the left edge of the device. ;)

At the moment, the only way to jailbreak the 2nd generation iPod touch is to use the redsn0w jailbreak (Google for that).

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

there is an untethered jailbreak thats been unleashed onto the world recently and through looking around alot of people have been using and having successful results with untethered jailbreak with quickfreedom, officia thread for this program is here: http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155875

there is links for mac and windows users