PWNAGE tool released!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPwners, Apr 3, 2008.

1. iPwners macrumors newbie

2. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Christ almighty.. Pwnage tool?? lol! How do you expect anyone to take it seriously when its been given a corny name like that??? Is it made by 10 year olds or aimed at 10 year olds maybe? I realise its just a name, but come on..

3. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

The press release says the windows version is coming soon. I just downloaded the Mac version and will play with it, but I'm not gonna actually put it to use until I get some feedback first. I rely on my phone too much to have it down for any length of time.

Edit: Looks pretty straight foreward. You need to have you phone plugged in to do any real playing, so that all I can report for now.

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

wait, what does this tool allow you to do?

5. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

It looks like you can use it to create and install custom firmware for you iPhone/iPod touch. It can also be used to unlock, activate and change the baseband.

Other than that, I don't know. Thats why I'm gonna wait until other people have played with it.

Attached Files:

6. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

It allows you to pwn your iPhone of course.

I am still waiting for someone to create a a good reason for hacking my iPhone at all.

7. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah, but can i install the 2.0 beta on there, if i find it online

oh and does anyone know where the 2.0 beta can be downloaded at?

8. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

Gizmodo says yes.

9. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

is there any known link to download the 2.0 software, or does it come with the sdk

10. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I don't know. I have no interest in 2.0 until it is legit, mostly for stability reasons. What i care about is the easiest/fastest way to restore/activate/unlock my phone without an internet connection.

11. punter macrumors 6502

so what everyone who used ziphone wants to know: can it restore my base band to 4.6 in case I need to take my iPhone back to apple for some reason...

12. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

Honestly, you probably want to look/ask in the FAQ thread in the iPhone hacking forum. I had ignored all the hacking/jailbreaking/unlocking stuff until a couple days ago when AT&T made me cranky. Then I sat down to learn how unlock my phone, I am by no means an expert.

13. Eluzion macrumors 6502

With PwnageTool the baseband is no longer integrity checked. Secpack restrictions are removed signatures are ignored so you can up/downgrade between 3.9 and 4.6 bootloaders. You can also load any custom firmware, which is huge.

They also released a proper Wifi fix. Much respect for ZiPhone but a lot of what he does is questionable (i.e. his Wifi fix isn't much of a fix).