Pwnagetool = 4.3.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nwmtnbiker, Apr 20, 2011.

1. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Just curious if pwnage works with 4.3.2 yet. Searched and looked at dev blog but didn't see anything...

2. TinyTears macrumors newbie

Worked flawlessly for me on my brand new iPhone 4 :)

3. wolfgang666 macrumors regular

did u have to use ultrasn0w after JB?? coz i need to and i wanna be sure before i try it..

4. nwmtnbiker thread starter macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

So are you running the untethered jail break or tethered? Just received a message from the dev blog that pwnagetool isn't working yet on 4.3.2 but soon.

5. wolfgang666 macrumors regular

if its pwnage tool it has to be untethered. even i am wondering as to how dis person could use it with 4.3.2 when dev team says they will be out with it soon...

6. Vonswanko macrumors regular

It's fairly simple to add ion1c's untethered exploit into a custom Pwnagetool bundle. That's what I did to get an untethered 4.3.2 jailbreak on my iPhone 4. Not really interested in always waiting on the Dev_Team.

Learn to make your own bundles. No waiting. A4 devices are pwned for life.

7. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

What I don't understand is why it takes the team so long to just put ionic's exploit into a bundle to update pwnagetool?

It's not like they fully test their programs prior to release (the latest redsn0w snafu that left iphone 4 owners stuck in a boot loop). The redsn0w before that had how man iterations in just 24 hours?

Don't get me wrong the team is awesome, just don't understand the slowdown in release this time seeing that redsn0w was released within hours of ionic publicly releasing his binaries.

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

can someone please fill me in on how to use pwnagetool with 4.3.2? i am on 4.3.1 right now. i am wanting to update because i dont get the smoothest animations..

9. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Get firmware. Patch firmware. Backup shsh with tiny umbrella. Backup phone. Install firmware. Restore phone.

No idea about your baseband or whether it's unlockable but the update with pawnage tool just makes a modified update file which you can the option restore from iTunes.

Hit redmondpie or iclarified for step by step