PwnageTool 4.3 - Error 1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by OPTiK, Mar 12, 2011.

1. OPTiK macrumors newbie

I've been trying to load a pwnagetool cooked version of the iPad 4.3 GM, but whenever I try to actually load the firmware via itunes I get an error 1 that pops up as soon as the white apple logo appears on the iPad. This is both in recovery mode and DFU mode. I've tried this with both windows and mac version of the program with no success. Can anyone shed any light? I also tried pwn'd dfu mode with iREB and get the same result.

2. Fabricman112 macrumors regular

Fabricman112

I could never get pwnage to produce a working ipsw for my iPad 3G... so I took the iBSS & kernelcache (rename to zip and extract) from ..customrestore.ipsw for tetheredboot. make sure your iPad is running the Apple 4.3 and jailbreak using redsnow.. point to 4.2.1 ipsw, it will not boot, when it hangs blackscreen with a white square use tetheredboot and u have cydia... :)

3. OPTiK thread starter macrumors newbie

That's pretty sneaky, gonna have to try that out!

4. OPTiK thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Fabricman112 macrumors regular

Fabricman112

did u make any "add-ons" i.e OpenSSh, SBSettings ?

6. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

7. ryant601 macrumors member

after hours of frustration, i finally got it to restore with a custom .ispw. Noe im trying to figure out the tetheredboot part. Firstly, i don't seem to find the files located in the /dfu...at least not the ones i need, i've got 48 instead of 90. When i turn the ipad on i see cydia, but it crashes upon opening, this is a result of still being not tethered, right? Basically what i'm asking i guess is for some help with the last part of this process.

8. OPTiK thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope.

Looks like a firewall issues, I'd turn off any firewalls you have.

sn0wbreeze does this for you.. it loads a folder "iBooty" onto your desktop with the tetheredboot app and the necessary files, so all you have to do is open it up and run/follow directions. If cydia doesnt open then that means that the jb isnt active via the tether.