Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepBlade

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
It scans forever after I choose iPod Touch.
The .ipsw file is on the desktop, and it just spins forever searching for it.

How can I force pwnagetool to just let met choose the file for it

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
i don't know. this happened to me once, if it can find it could it be that the ispw file is corrupt? tahstw hat i thought when it happened to me so i just downloaded anotehr one form a different source and re did it,, it found itthat time and had no problems with it

AMTPN25

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2008
Hi I m also having same problem

i m also having same problem its not reading the 2.1.1_138 ipsw file it's spinning and stops

Please help!!!! is anybody jailbreak the ipod touch 2g 2.1.1_138 ipsw??

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
i m also having same problem its not reading the 2.1.1_138 ipsw file it's spinning and stops

Please help!!!! is anybody jailbreak the ipod touch 2g 2.1.1_138 ipsw??

it doesnt work with 2.1.1, as of now you cant jailbreak the 2g ipod touch

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
It scans forever after I choose iPod Touch.
The .ipsw file is on the desktop, and it just spins forever searching for it.

How can I force pwnagetool to just let met choose the file for it

if you go to the finder search in top right corner and type in .ipsw is should show results with atleast one IPSW file if you have updated or restored in the past on your mac then you would atleast have one IPSW lying around atleast and I think then (not too up on macs) you can right click on file in results and choose to open the location I think or maybe try dragging from results to desktop and pointing it to it?

failin that use quickpwn much more simplfied and u loose nothing thats already on the ipod

karlakracht

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2006
if you go to the finder search in top right corner and type in .ipsw is should show results with atleast one IPSW file if you have updated or restored in the past on your mac then you would atleast have one IPSW lying around atleast and I think then (not too up on macs) you can right click on file in results and choose to open the location I think or maybe try dragging from results to desktop and pointing it to it?

failin that use quickpwn much more simplfied and u loose nothing thats already on the ipod

it doesn't work for me either. i just updated to currrent version 2.2 and can find all the old versions of the ipsw files, but the 2.2 is not there! anyway, finder doesn't even find them, have to look manually in library/itunes/iPod Software Updates/ there you find them (or not). has anybody found ther 2.2 file? i'd need it to jailbreak...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.