Pwnagetool or QuickPwn???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I am seriously considering jailbreaking my phone for the first time. I'm sorry, I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

I have a mac, should I use pwnagetool or quickpwn? what are the benefits of each or are they the same? quickpwn seems like it would be much faster and easier, but is there any advantage to using pwnagetool???

2. Macgic macrumors 6502

3. Vegan TJ macrumors regular

Vegan TJ

4. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

I prefer pwnagetool, but if you really dont want to restore your phone, then quickpwn will work fine.

5. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Not 2 hours later your sending this?

There is a great wealth of knowledge within the MacRumors community. Patience my friend. All good things in time. :)

6. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

quickpwn, keeps all of your apps in place and u dont have to re download errrrything

7. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Yeah I heard that. Which is exactly why I'm wondering why people use pwnagetool.. clearly there must be some advantage. I don't really understand

8. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

9. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

probably cause pwnage works the first time? im not sure, my friend jailbroke like 4 diff phones in 30 mins w/ quickpwn, some of them he had to try a couple times to get it to work, so idk if its pwnage is more stable or what.

all seem to work fine in the end.

10. eshroom macrumors 6502

If you ask me it's the fact that pwnage has more options, so you feel like you have a bit more knowledge than if you use quickpwn. I fail to see any real advantage when it comes to every day use.

11. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

does one take longer? oh and I have a lot of apps on my iphone, will that be a problem. I heard a story about this one guy who said it either messed it up or made it take ages. should i just remove them all before i pwn and then re-add?