Pwr on/off screen? Anyone seen it before?

adster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
So yesterday, I purchased a new 32gb iPhone 4 from my local Apple Store. After everything was all setup, I walked around the store trying to replicate the "death grip" which I was able to do, mostly anyway. A few seconds go by and a screen pops up, very similar to the incoming call screen.

It was plank at the top where the number usually would go, and below that it said "Pwr on/off". At the bottom was the usual Accept / Decline buttons. The Apple genius immediately said "Oh, hold on a sec" and pressed the "Accept" button, and the screen disappeared. When I asked him about it, he was very very coy about it and said "Oh, it was a diagnostic screen, don't worry about it. It's gone and you won't see it again." I kept asking what the screen was and he kept deflecting the question.

Anyways, much of the screen description was coming from memory, so I'm not 100% sure it was exactly, but it was damn close. I wish I had time to take a screenshot. Anyways, has anyone else seen this screen before? What is it?

Elysian

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2010
He kept deflecting from the question because he probably didn't know much about it. But it happens with everyones iPhone 4.

adster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks Applejuiced and Elysian. Makes much more sense. I just thought it was weird since it didn't happen when my gf's iP4 when she bought it a month or so ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.