Python eats Aussie family's rat dog

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by yeroen, Feb 27, 2008.

1. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Well at least it was one of those annoying little yapping breeds:D. Really though it was the owners fault they where aware of the snakes presence and did not get it removed until after their pet died. On occasions where predators have been around that could potentially harm my pets I drive them off or trap them.

2. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

This is hands down the best ending line of any article, ever. It's such a sick and weird way to end the story, why do we need to know the dog is still being digested? It almost feels like an Onion article.

3. yeroen thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeroen

I thought exactly the same thing. I would have mentioned it, but I wanted to see if anyone else noticed.

Also, I never knew that Pythons stalked their prey. What was the python doing in the dog's bed? Trying to build a false sense of trust?

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Small dogs are exhausting! Maybe it figured if it slept in the bed there'd be less work attached to eating it.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I disagree, and don't really think it was a weird way to end the article. It's informative, and I'm glad the article ended like that. You get a clearer mental image of how long it takes for snakes to digest their food. ;)

6. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

See, that's how I felt about the picture that appeared to be the snake mid chomp.

7. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

that picture was a tad bit disturbing-- i doubt i would stop to snap a picture if a python was devouring my dog

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

That's a pretty big bloody snake.

I like how it starts with "Brisbane, Australia" and makes it sound like it was in the heart of the city when the village is 25km north of Cairns ie. middle of bloody nowhere.

Still a massive snake though.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

But for those who don't know a lot about snakes, the statement gives an impression of how long it actually takes (ie: not an hour, but a few days).

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

that's pretty crazy. but yeah, the family should have done something before it was too late. it stalked the dog for days

11. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

The snake sleeping in the dog's bed would be warning enough that the dog would be in danger. It's the people's own fault that they didn't do something about it sooner. Poor pup...

12. davincijones macrumors newbie

Weird ending

I'll admit that the ending of the story is a bit weird. Personally, if I saw that thing eating a dog or cat near my house I'd run and get my axe and hack away at that thing. The dog's probably dead but I'd sure as hell kill that snake.

13. skiffx macrumors 6502a

Bahhaahaha chihuahua owned! Screw those little barking rats.

14. yeroen thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeroen

I don't wish ill upon Chihuahuas (as long as I don't have to live with one), but I would have felt far worse about that story than I did had the snake eaten a labrador or a german shepherd.

It's funny how that works.