Q: 13" Fit in sleeve with hard case on?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ElliottG, Sep 30, 2013.

1. ElliottG macrumors member

Hey guys

I want to know if a 13" MacBook Pro with a hard case like Speck or Incase will still fit inside a sleeve/pouch, or if it's really tight? Like warranting getting a sleeve/pouch made for a 14" laptop?

I don't want a discussion about putting cases on MacBooks or using them bare, etc, etc, and I'll have any posts like that removed.

Thanks,
    Elliott

2. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Do you have a specific sleeve in mind? I'm thinking that various manufacturer's products will have more or less snug fit.

Personally, I have a Waterfield neoprene sleeve for my 15" MBP and it fits fine with a hard Speck case; I ordered one for my son's 13" MBP and the fit with a speck hard case was very snug.

3. ElliottG, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

ElliottG thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks for the response.

I am looking at a Speck SeeThru case and as for the sleeve I'm not sure yet...still looking...

I see what you mean by the manufacturers, though.

Elliott

Well I ended up ordering an Incase Neoprene Plus sleeve...been reading reviews of various hard shells over the past few hours and I'm a bit wary of buying one now...a lot of people saying dirt/etc, scratched the bottom of their MBP's after taking the cases off...I don't know what to do. A

Also, I'm wary of buying a "satin" case because I read that the satin coating comes off pretty easily...