Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Hello,

I got my refurb iMac (Al, 07, 2.8, 500G) about a month ago and I love it. Only have 2 specks of dust under the glass (no, not dead pixels) that I intend to clean soon.

The other thing on the screen, though, is more of a bother. It'e very faint so not a big deal, but I don't know what cause it.

I can see very faint, dark and soft bands of darkness, horizontally near the center of the screen.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Loa

bob vansteel

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2008
Hello,

I got my refurb iMac (Al, 07, 2.8, 500G) about a month ago and I love it. Only have 2 specks of dust under the glass (no, not dead pixels) that I intend to clean soon.

The other thing on the screen, though, is more of a bother. It'e very faint so not a big deal, but I don't know what cause it.

I can see very faint, dark and soft bands of darkness, horizontally near the center of the screen.

Thanks

Loa

either something hit the center of your screen hard enough to damage it...or you've just got a faulty display that bleeds...its quite common.

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
You mean alternating patches of lighter and darker areas? That's the backlight. Like usual, I would recommend taking it to an Apple Store, or at the least call one.

gehrbox

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Charleston,SC
Hello,

Here is a link to a discussion in this forum on a subject along the lines that you are describing:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/492303/

Loa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 5, 2003
Québec
Thanks for the info guys.

I think I'll call Apple, but it's not bad enough so that I'll return it.

Nisaea

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.