Q about mighty mouse and wireless keyboard...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by thekiller, Jun 10, 2007.

1. thekiller macrumors member

hi there, I searched but couldn't find the answer... my question is: do I have to install (from the included cd) the wireless keyboard and mighty mouse on my macbook, or will them be recognized without the installation process?

thanks

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Using Bluetooth set up assistant (or whatever it is called) you should be fine without installing anything more.

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

correct, just go to the bluetooth menu and select set up new bluetooth device. and follow the on screen instructions, its very easy and takes less then 10 mins.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

correct, just go to the bluetooth menu and select set up new bluetooth device. and follow the on screen instructions, its very easy and takes less then 10 mins.

5. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

Interesting note: my Wii remotes refused to sync the other night because my Apple BT keyboard was turned on. Strange, huh?

6. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I couldn't get my bluetooth phone to sync properly with my MBP until I thought to turn off my BT mighty mouse, then it worked fine. BT technology seems to get in the way of itself sometimes.

7. thekiller thread starter macrumors member

that's what I wanted to hear ;)...

my other question is: can you activate the right click on the mighty mouse?? or do I have to keep on clicking ctrl+click when I have the mighty mouse connected?

8. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

It should right click if you click with one finger to the right of the scroll ball.

9. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Yep, the right-click works just fine. I have learned, though, that you want to completely lift off from the left side of the mouse when you do the right click. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it works just fine.

Sometimes, though, the right-clicking stops working, so I have to turn the mouse off and on again to get it to work.

10. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Lift your left finger off before clicking with your right.

Bluetooth mice sometimes become confused and need to be "rebooted".

11. thekiller thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the fast replies, I'm ordering the mouse and keyboard right now:p ...

12. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

Another little thing worth mentioning is that when you reinstall OS X using a wireless keyboard, it'll pause the install and allow you to set it up. In other words, you won't need a wired keyboard to reinstall the OS.