Q about mounting a 22" monitor

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by digitalnicotine, Mar 11, 2008.

1. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I'm debating about mounting my 22" monitor on the wall. My desk is 30" wide, and my mouse/keyboard sit on top, not in a keyboard drawer that pulls out. My monitor is a secondary to my MBP. My concerns are whether to get a flush mount, or an articulating mount that stands off from the wall. I'd like to hear from those who have done this, and if they have regrets, suggestions, or are pleased with their setups. Also, I would be grateful for links to mounts you have purchased and are pleased with. Thanks in advance. :)

2. chinarider macrumors regular

I haven't done it for a while but am considering the same thing with my new setup. How much do you move around your desk area? If you go flush-mount, is there a chance you will be in a position at all to be viewing the monitor at an angle? Is your monitor not good at viewing from an angle?

If these answers are "yes", I'd definately lean towards an arm.

3. digitalnicotine thread starter macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Ah, thanks, I hadn't thought of the viewing angle being an issue! I have a TN panel, so a straight on view is best. I think I need to eliminate a flush mount for sure, and focus on finding a good extended/articulating mount. Thanks. :)

4. chinarider macrumors regular

Sure. Keep us posted on what you end up buying! I believe I was looking at the Kensingtons at Newegg a couple of months back.