Q for Techrestore matte conversion owners: what screen do you get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darkus, Jul 22, 2010.

1. darkus macrumors regular

Hey guys, I tried asking techrestore directly, but they dont seem to want to give me a direct answer.

My question is what is the model #/brand of the matte screen tech restore uses for the replacement?

The main reason is that Im in desperate need to change out to a matte screen, but at the same time I need a quality screen (something on par with the matte MBP from the pre unibody days), so alteast armed with a model#/MFG i can try to see what the panel is all about

A second question I had: With the new panel, are the whites still super bright and eye searing as they are on the stock MBP screen?

Thanks!!

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

It's not made by apple, just some generic screen, you're not going to get a model #.
    The plastic bezel is custom made and it sits on top of the matte screen, you can feel the ridge between them.

The screen looks GOOD, brighter than the previous gen matte displays.

3. darkus thread starter macrumors regular

So the control panel wont be able to tell you what the model # of the screen is?

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Not quite sure, haven't asked my buds about checking their model #s.

5. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

All lcds should have a manufacturers model number. It won't be like 9cc2 but a long string which you can google to find out what products use the display and who makes it.