Hello everyone, first post here so do pardon me if I missed out something on other threads. I've been a long time Windows user but over the years I have been exposed to my friends using Mac OS X and have been tempted to jump ship. My main question is: Is it the right time now and how is the 2013 13' rMBP holding up? Now, being in the MBP section, and as seen in the title, I'm considering the 13' rMBP 2.4GHz/8GB/256GB. I wanted to go for my first Mac last year when Apple released the 2012 13' rMBP, but seeing how it may not meet my usage (explained below) and the fact that the price would drop this year (which it did), I decided to hold out for Haswell knowing that it would bring about stronger GPU performance, better battery and thermals, as well as some nice improvements (PCIe SSD etc.) Now I face the same dilemma as to whether I should hold out for Broadwell, knowing that it would also improve power consumption as well as GPU performance. Here is my usage scenario: - Lots of web browsing and watching YouTube videos (preferably with Chrome) - A significant amount of time on handling Office documents, spreadsheets and presentations - Quite a fair bit of file management and running development software, as I'm into developing Android (forgive me for saying this in an Apple forum LOL) - Will occasionally boot into Windows for some gaming on Steam (CoD: Ghosts, F1 2013 and Command and Conquer), which is why I skipped last year's rMBP as HD4000 doesn't cut it Other questions (would be great if current owners of the 2013 13' rMBP could chip in) - Probably a dumb one but..... How is the transition from Windows to OS X? - How is the Iris GPU holding up, both in terms of day to day use and gaming (in Windows) - How is the battery holding up if I were to Boot Camp into Windows 8.1, and browse the web (nothing too intensive basically) - Is Office 2011 on Mac a big step back than in Windows? - And lastly, is worth it to get this year's model or wait for Broadwell (hell, Skylake?) Some further things: - I know some of you guys may be telling me to go for the 15' instead, but its footprint is too big and it exceeds my budget, plus I will probably under-utilize the quad core chip, so no point for me to get it Thanks for reading and hope to have some experiences and tips from the Mac side of things.