Q: Itunes with 2 libraries - why not?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ultradk, Dec 20, 2009.

1. ultradk macrumors newbie

ultradk

Hello,

I have two itunes folders on two seperate drives..

1 with aac files

and

1 with lossless files.

The problem is, when I try to import one cd for my lossless folder (after telling itunes were that folder is and import setting is set for apple lossless) itunes ask if I want to keep the media organized in the itunes folder. If I say yes, some files from my aac folder is showing up in the lossless folder and versa... If I say no, the same is happening..

Is it really that hard to have two separate folders in itunes?

2. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Hold the option key when opening iTunes to choose/create a different library.

It is necessary to restart iTunes to switch libraries, but it's a simple way to keep separate libraries if that is your need.

3. Zay1993 macrumors newbie

Sorry for bumping a thread but I don't think my question warrants it's own thread.

I've tried holding ALT while launching iTunes but it just opens up my current library. I'm on Windows 7. I would like seperate libraries, one for my music, and one for my girlfriends music since she uses my laptop for her music needs and iPod syncing. How can I create 2 libraries? I don't think her having a playlist would work because I have iTunes set to auto sync my iPod when it's connected and I don't want to manually manage my music, it's a nice change to be able to just press sync and have all my new music downloads sync to my iPod without having to do anything, but I don't want to have the music she downloads syncing to my iPod. I listen to metal and the like, while she likes what every teenage girl likes. Rap and other music I don't care for.

Edit: Sorry for posting a Windows based question in the Mac forum, I just searched the forums and asked in the relevant thread without looking at the forum category.

4. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

I believe on Windows you need to hold down the shift key, not the alt key.