[Q] MB Retina : external USB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by supersophie, Apr 14, 2015.

1. supersophie macrumors newbie

Hi!

I would like to buy a MacBook Retina for working when I travel, but in the office I currently connect my notebook with:
    1 x USB keyboard
    1 x USB mouse
    1 x VGA connector to external display.

I cannot afford 4K screens so VGA or DVI stays.

My keyboard i sthe most important because it's full sized and comfortable for a day's work, and I can touch type on this. I would like to keep this.

How could I do this with a MB Retina?

Kind regards, Sophie.

2. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

3. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

Get the $80 adapter along with a VGA adapter and a USB hub. Or you could also get a bluetooth mouse and keyboard (plenty of companies make full size bluetooth keyboards).

Honestly if you are using the computer plugged in all day on a desk, you might be better off getting a MBP or Air.

4. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

5. supersophie thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

I really like the Amazon idea with a Apple adapter. Thanks all three of you.

@applesith
    "Honestly if you are using the computer plugged in all day on a desk, you might be better off getting a MBP or Air. "

MBP or Air are too heavy for hand luggage or throwing into a bag. Airlines require me to keep my under certain weight and dimensions, and the 13" MBA and MBP are too heavy when every gram counts. I need two hands to hold a MBA13 and MBP and I know I can pretty much hold an MBA11" with one hand.
    I have small hands.