Q: Office 2008, forms, can't select text within form

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by akm3, May 1, 2011.

1. akm3 macrumors 68020

When you have a form and type a paragraph into one of the form elements, and then want to select text within the form, it selects giants swaths of text - there is no way to just select a word or two. Does anyone know why and how to fix it?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I have dealt with forms in Word for decades. I have never had a special issue with editable text in a form. However, some forms are setup with mostly non-editable text. However, your non-selectable text was created by you. It might be helpful to post a copy of the document or another that exhibits the problem so that we can examine it.

3. akm3 thread starter macrumors 68020

Certainly great idea.

So my problem again is that text WITHIN the form (Which I added some lorem ipsum to) I can't select individual sentences to copy/paste/edit etc. It chooses huge swaths of text or the whole form instead. This happened both in Mac Office 2008 and Win Office 2007.

Attached Files:

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Your lorem ipsum is protected text. For whatever reason, it appears to be working in reverse. The space to the side of it can be typed-in at will. However, the reverse text, which should be fillable, cannot be.

5. akm3 thread starter macrumors 68020

Sorry the document probably needs to be reprotected to make the forms work properly, I probably left it unprotected after editing the document.

I appreciate you looking at it, if you don't mind flipping the protection back on, the form should be editable again, but the behavior is the same - you can't select individual sentences and such to copy/paste, only giant blocks of the text.