Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samrozzi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2010
I have been using android for quite some time and love the google voice app as it integrates completely since Google Voice is my main number for calling and texting.

With the recent announcement for Iphone coming to Sprint (which im on)

I was wondering how well the iOS GV app works? Is it essentially the same? as in.

1. You can make and receive calls from your GV#, it shows your # when calling and when people dial your GV# your phone rings?
2. Texting works fine as in notifications as normal sms should?

and just any other info? Im mainly hoping it just works as Id expect more or less as it does for android. as a complete number replacement.

Thanks

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Yes, you can make and receive calls from your GV #. There's a Google Voice app for iPhone users, here you can make calls (and the other party will see your GV# as incoming number, settings can be changed) and also receive/send texts within the app itself (data required in order to receive/send txt). Receiving calls on the other hand will eat your minutes as it will just show your GV# calling you (you can change this setting so the incoming number# that called your GV# will show)

And since you're already with Sprint, you can use your google voice directly with sprint since you mentioned your GV# is your main number. For more info, click here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.