Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joakim_Aronsson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2016
Hello. I'm in the market for a laptop and I decided to get a Macbook this time.
What I'm wondering about is if I should get the air or pro 2015 i5?

I will mostly edit 24mpix pictures in the field and play some light games like diablo path of exile etc etc.

Is the pro i5 for me? :)

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
The display on the Retina MacBook Pro is considerably better for any photo editing. I recommend waiting until WWDC as an update is likely, unless you plan to get a refurb.

Reactions: Dydegu

Joakim_Aronsson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2016
Well no way I'm getting the air then. I hate bad screens.. Wait for announcement if new. Or buy the 2015 model :)

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
Well no way I'm getting the air then. I hate bad screens.. Wait for announcement if new. Or buy the 2015 model :)

LOL.... HE is being dramatic .... The screen isn't the best but it isn't the worst. Fairly decent screen. If you can get a good deal on the Air I would say go for it but otherwise I wouldn't pay full price for it.
[doublepost=1461944789][/doublepost]
The Air screen is truly awful. You must really hate your eyes and future eyesight if you're considering one.

LOL..... I should really put you on ignore..... It is far from "Awful". Yeah it isn't as good but guess what considering it is pushing less pixels means better battery life. It isa decent screen and considering Bestbuy is selling the 13 inch Air with a 256GB SSD for under $1,000 its a decent price. You can get the 13 inch base for under $800

Toutou

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2015
Prague, Czech Republic
It's 2016 and the screen is nowhere near "decent". More like "okay I can live with that if you insist".
OP: Go to the nearest Apple Store / reseller and compare the screens side by side. The difference is DRASTIC.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Lol I have a Macbook air and my wife has a Macbook Pro with retina display. Of course you can tell the difference, but the screen on the Macbook air isn't as bad as people make it seem. I have had it since 2013 and it looks just fine. I will probably be upgrading to a Macbook Pro this year, I'm sure I will enjoy the retina display and I also need a more powerful computer. The Macbook Air isn't bad at all for browsing the internet, Youtube, and light picture/video editing. Ive loved mine so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.