Q: re Lock screen notification behavior & Smart Covers

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wlow3, Apr 4, 2012.

1. wlow3 macrumors regular

I bought my parents an iPad (3rd gen) and I was thinking of getting them a smart cover (I don't own one), and I was wondering how lock screen notifications behave with them.

Say that they get a weather notification or a message. Normally the next time they hit the Home Button to turn on the iPad, the notification would be there at the lock screen waiting.

What happens with a smart cover? Upon opening the cover does the iPad unlock and you lose the notification, or does the iPad immediately go to the app of the notification?

Would they always have to pull down the notification center panel just to know whether one came in while the iPad was not in use?

I was hoping that the Smart Cover might make the iPad even more user-friendly (by unlocking the iPad automatically - my parents are in their seventies, so every bit helps) but, unless I'm wrong about this, it might add a complication.

2. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

The notifications will appear one by one on the top after you open the smart cover like they've just arrived. Also you can also check back in the notification centre in case if there are too many of them rolling out one by one and you can't remember some of them.

It just works.