Q re: syncing iPhone & iTouch -- same account

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by firefly038, May 9, 2011.

1. firefly038 macrumors newbie

Hopefully I can make this question clear and succinct. Is it possible to have an iPod (iTouch 2nd Gen) and an iPhone sync on the SAME iTunes account but have each device correctly sync separate apps/music/movies per device? I received the iPhone as a present and am passing over my iTouch to my 9yo son (kinda ;-) ). When I set up the iPhone, I ended up setting it up under the iPod account name (same login/user account as the iTouch). I'd like to port over some of the personal apps to my iPhone and not have them synch to the iTouch, and vice versa with games.

Any first hand experience with this would be greatly appreciated! Maybe I'm being lazy but I don't want to delete apps from the iTouch, sync w/ iTunes, then when I go to sync the iPhone find out that iTunes wiped the iTouch deleted apps from my phone as well. Then again, I don't want to have to re-purchase all the games for my son. Since technically I own both devices, I'm hoping Apple will play nicely with this. :)

TIA!
    ~ Sheila

2. Deedolito macrumors regular

Deedolito

Sure - piece of cake.
    You've got a profile for each device, but can link both to your iTunes account.

3. firefly038 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I think that's where I might be off. I only have one profile. iTunes recognizes the iTouch and the iPhone as the same unit. Should I have set up the phone as a different profile? And will it for sure be able to play nicely with the iTouch under my single Apple account? If so, I'll bite the bullet, wipe the phone and start over. *shudder* ;-)