[Q] Worth it to get a iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raptor22, Sep 22, 2014.

1. raptor22 macrumors newbie

While the forums are buzzing with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, hope fellow Apple guys can give me some opinions on this

With many people upgrading their iPhone 5 to upgrade to iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, here in Singapore I am able to get a mint iPhone 5 16GB unlocked for about US$280 (SGD$342)

I'm somewhat platform agnostic, I use a Late 2013 rMBP 13', Surface Pro 2, iPad Air and a Nexus 5(best phone for my needs still) and a Nexus 7. The tablets are shared with my family. I mainly rely on Google Services which have great iOS support.

I've been wanting to give iOS on a phone a shot, and with an extra SIM with data from my carrier, thought it might be a good time to do so

Reasons are:

iPhone 5 and 5s are internally and cosmetically rather similar somewhat, and the 5s sells for over US$550 unlocked, so its out of my budget

iPhone 5 has that fantastic aluminium build and a great camera still

iOS 8 features like Continuity are very tempting since I use a Mac

Lots of accessories

Great resale value

For those still rocking iPhone 5, some insight and opinion would be great before I go for it, such as battery life etc?

P.S: Its gonna be my first iPhone, been rocking Nexus devices as my daily drivers (I love both anyway)

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I wouldn't buy it, I would invest in at least a 5S. I would probably go for a 6 because it has the biggest upgrade in features since the 4s-5