Qi chargers that support fast charging on iPhone 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Patrick G, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Patrick G macrumors regular

Are there any Qi wireless charging pads/stands available now that support wireless fast charging on the iPhone 8/8 Plus? And if so, is there anything additional (besides the pad/stand) I need to purchase in order to do this?

2. Patrick G thread starter macrumors regular

3. Stang69 macrumors member

I got the Samsung Convertible charger...lil pricey, but includes a USB-C adapter and USB-C cable. It is nice looking and can change to pad or stand. Testing it, the charge is ok....I am not sure the 8 has wireless fast charging yet...? Or hopefully gets faster with updates.

4. systemind macrumors member

It doesn’t have wireless fast charge yet. It will come with an update.

5. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

There's wireless charging at 7.5w and fast wired charging using USB-C PD. Is there "fast wireless" charging?
    I'm using this one from Anker:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KJL4XNY/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I use it on my bed stand and don't expect it to be fast, but it seems to charge fairly quickly. So far, it's working great.

6. ecschwarz macrumors 65816

ecschwarz

I picked up a few of the cheaper Samsung Qi chargers and one of the Samsung “Fast Charge” Qi chargers - right now, there doesn’t seem to be a difference, but when Apple issues the update to allow 7.5W charges, I’ll see if there’s a difference.

I played with the convertible one - the price was a bit higher for wanting to play with this, but seemed like a really nice alternative if you wanted to use your phone while charging.

7. michaeljohnusa, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017

michaeljohnusa macrumors newbie

michaeljohnusa

Currently, there are many wireless charging pad brands for iPhone in the market. I have a list of many wireless chargers visit here: https://goo.gl/ViG91G