Qi Chargers - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by slears, Sep 21, 2017.

1. slears macrumors member

Good afternoon,

I am eagerly awaiting delivery of a new iPhone 8 Plus tomorrow, I have received delivery confirmation already so will be sat by the door most of the morning until my friendly delivery driver knocks.

Anyway, the question I have is relating to Qi charging pads / docks.

I prefer the look of the docks but having had a quick look on eBay / Amazon, there are so many to choose from and so many comments floating around that I don't want to take the plunge a buy a device that either under-performs or worse still, causes damage etc to my phone.

Has anybody purchased one of these charging docks as yet? I am thinking of a budget of around £10-£15 to see if the wireless charging works for me, at that point I may take the plunge in branching out to more expensive gear / multiple points throughout the house.

Thanks.

2. Adamj53 macrumors member

I am interested also. Spent ages looking on Amazon but I can't decide or do I go with the one's Apple are offering if they do fast charge. Also how safe are the cheaper ones? 1st world problems....

3. slears thread starter macrumors member

Haha, I know what you mean. I just don't want to go out and spend £50+ on something that I may ultimately not use.

Don't mind dropping ten pounds to dip my toe in, however.

4. DaveOP macrumors 65816

I have an Anker quick charger that I really like. If I remember right, Anker is some ex-Googlers, and I have had lots of luck with their cables and products in the past.