Qi Wireless Charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gw0gvq, Sep 27, 2015.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

I'm getting an iPhone 6s Plus and what I'd like to know is has anyone ever tried Qi charging with an iPhone of any kind ? I want to try but I'd like some feedback first because it's going to be the firs time I try it. I've done it with a Samsung I have but never an iPhone and id like to know if I should wait until the guarantee runs out or if its save to start straight away . The place I was going to get one from is Wireless r wireless http://www.wirelessphonechargers.co.uk/shop/details/apple-iphone-5-5s-5c-6-6-qi-receiver-card but if anyone know a good place I would be really grateful. TIA Paul

2. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Punkwaffle

Hi, just got my feet wet with Qi charging on my 6s. I'm using a receiver card and a zoogue case. works great, but i recommend you get a 3 coil charging disc or mat so you don't have to be limited to 1 position when you put your phone down. charging does take a bit longer, but not really a big deal for me. wish apple would have built this in, but the charging cards are so damn thin, it doesn't bother me a bit.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I have the Spigen Slim Armor Volt for my 6S Plus here and the wireless charging pad here. Works perfectly fine on my 6S Plus and I do like that fact that i no longer have to fiddle with the cable when I unplug it and I can simply lift the phone off the charging pad.

One thing that i noticed was that when I wake up, the phone isn't charging, but was fully charged. It wasn't like this for my 6 Plus since it would remain charging. Not sure if this is a feature or not but not a big deal.

4. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

5. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

How
    I'm using a receiver card and a zoogue case. Is the receiver on show out of the case because the one i was looking at charged in the case ?

6. Kazakaz macrumors member

How are you plugging the charging dock in? Are you using the charging block that came with your phone?

I have the same case, and after charging overnight, it won't charge anymore. I bought three of these chargers from Amazon, and plugged it into the charging block that came with my phone. Charged overnight, and after that it wouldn't charge anymore. Tried all three, and even bought a different one from Best Buy, and still no luck. I have Amazon sending me a new case. Was just wondering if you were using a 2 amp charger with it.

7. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

8. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

I was going to by the case it comes complete with charging unit and Lightening connector . If you scroll back to my OP you'll see a link to the place where I was looking at it. I have the samsung pad that I used my s5 with apparently its compatible