Qmadix Tempered Tech-Armor - glass screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LxHunter, Aug 14, 2012.

1. LxHunter, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

LxHunter macrumors 6502

Just a heads up to anyone considering this screen protector.
    The blacked out portion blocks the ambient light sensor on my iPhone 4S
    Otherwise, easy installation and I like it.
    PS - purchased online for a reasonable price - regular price is not competitive with SGP Glas.t or others.
    PPS -(edit) after some fiddling have removed the rainbow. [ just noticed an oval rainbow in the middle of the screen - have tried to fix but no luck. ]

I am going to give up on tempered glass screen protectors and go back to plastic.

Update: I removed some of the black to the left of the top clear rectangle with the tip of a knife - the ambient light sensor works now.

2. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

Have you tried other glass screen protectors, such as GLAS.t? how does it compare to those? Seeing as how you're going to give up on glass screen protectors, I'm guessing you're not satisfied with them?

3. LxHunter thread starter macrumors 6502

I have tried the Glas.t and really liked it. Only problem was installing without dust specks - even with the shower trick. I prefer the feel of the glass type, just hard to get a perfect install - more my OCD than a technical issue. Back to using an SGP Ultra Crystal.

4. G-TEC macrumors newbie

Have been using one on my 4S for a couple of months now and have never had any issues with the light sensor being blocked. Bought on eBay. Love the screen protector, would recommend it. Great at resisting finger prints. Have compared the sensitivity to a bare iPhone and it feels identical. No bubbles, although its been inside a Trident Cyclops2 case (plastic screen protector removed) so can't tell if there are any bubbles near the edge like the Spigen one.

5. LxHunter thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, agree. Great screen protector, can't tell it is on the phone. And, much easier to install and adjust than the GLAS.t. And after a little knife adjustment work the ambient light sensor is working.