Qmadix Tempered TechArmor Screen Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LxHunter, Jun 9, 2012.

1. LxHunter macrumors 6502

Anyone tried the new Qmadix Tempered Tech-Armor screen shield?

http://www.qmadix.com/screen-protection/tempered-tech-armor-iphone-4s-4-blk.asp

2. lexdiamonnyc macrumors member

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I use my finger on the screen, not a hammer :)

Apple has done a superb job of designing a very durable scratch resistant surface. Covering up the tactile experience of touching the oleophobic coating when using the phone is just crazy. It defeats one of the nicest features of the phone.

I buy my iPhones to enjoy. Not to cover up and save for someone else.

Yet that said, I do admire the marketing success of the companies that sell skins, covers, etc. They've built in a very significant degree of demand amongst those who worry. A very lucrative business indeed.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

As always with parroted comments like this, scratch resistant != unscratchable. Accidents happen. Don't see the point? Doesn't mean that other's don't. Move on.

Subjective matter. Don't assume your preferences are universal -- that's truly crazy.

5. YOUNG$$$ macrumors newbie

Love the Qmadix Tempered Tech-Armor

I was originally turned on to the Qmadix Tempered Tech-Armor by a friend. Long story short - after witnessing countless number of my friends drop their iPhones on the face on the screen and seeing it shatter into a million little pieces :eek: was more than enough me to go out and buy some extra protection :D .

It's very thin, and you barely noticeable. Feels the same as the iPhone screen and best part is it doesn't have any bubbles after you put it on :D!! Haven't dropped mine yet, but the box says it has 9 times the breaking strength of conventional glass, which basically means my screen is now 9 times stronger I suppose :p. For only about $40 - I'd say this is well worth the investment especially since from what I hear, replacing the iPhone screen is like preforming a minor surgery.

Hope this helps!

Cheers ~ Y$$$

6. rjbeh macrumors regular

Do you think it's much better to apply than Spigen's glas't?

7. YOUNG$$$ macrumors newbie

Never heard of it. Based on specs alone - I would say Qmadix Tempered Tech-Armor takes the cake. Here's why...

Spigen is not a lot thicker, but any extra thickness contributes to the weight and thickness of the iPhone. Personally, I don't want to lug around a bulky phone in my pocket, but that is just my preference :p. It is a single piece of tempered glass, meaning it's just a regular sheet of tempered glass, and nothing really special about it.

Qmadix is thinner, but utilizes Triplex Technology, which from my research is a triple layered tempered glass. Meaning the screen is more resistant to shock. Also I really like how it slips easily into my pocket and it's basically invisible :cool:. It feels good to have peace of mind that if I drop my phone that the screen has maximum protection.

Haven't dropped my iPhone yet.. :eek: ::KNOCK, KNOCK:: but I was happy to read this post on Qmadix's Facebook this morning...

"Although this is a very unfortunate situation, we are always very happy to hear these stories from our customers.

"To Whom It May Concern-

Hello, I just wanted to reach out quick and let you know that I accidentally ran over my iPad and iPhone this morning and your Tech-Armor saved my phone. I have attached a picture to help with this quick story. I set my iPhone and iPad next to my car this morning after returning from a camping trip in another vehicle. I went back to the other vehicle to retrieve my car keys. When I got back to my car, I jumped in it and proceeded to move to another parking spot. After I got out of my car, I reached in my pocket for my phone only to remember I had set it down. I found it right where I left it, however with a cracked screen and tire tracks on my iPad case. I quickly removed the Tech-Armor and to my surprise, found an unscathed factory screen beneath. I must have just ran over the side or corner, but either way, I was fully expecting to have a $700 paperweight. I cannot express my gratitude for your product. I am on my way to purchase another one right now, and I will recommend your Tempered Tech-Armor to anyone!

FYI, I was recommended your product by Diamond Wireless.

Thank you,
    Marcus H."

[​IMG]

Probably wouldn't ever recommend driving of your iPhone, but to me, it's totally worth the investment. :D

8. Xultar, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012

Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

If nicks and scratches don't bother you then ignore this post.

Scratch RESISTANT doesn't mean it doesn't scratch. I don't understand why people don't think the screen will scratch. IT scratches. I have scratches on mine from earrings. I love the feel of my iphone. I don't use a case. But I do have front and back protection.

So, if you don't use a screen protector and you wear earrings, put your phone in a briefcase, bag, or pocket it will get scratched, period. No matter how careful you are you'll forget and put it in the pocket with your keys or coins. You'll set it face down accidentally on something without thinking. You'll wipe it with a cloth that has grit by mistake. Accidents happen.

As for breakage, I have been saved by a Wrapsol Ultra once. I think any of the thicker screen protectors will work for drops even the Glas.T for that matter.

You can always prevent scratches with protection but once it is scratched. it is scratched.

9. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Yay!!

...so for those of us who DO intend to hand our phones down to someone else in the family (you know, those of us who this discussion pertains to)...

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Respectfully, I'm not going to accuse you of _not_ reading my post, but let me quote it. I wrote:

"Apple has done a superb job of designing a very durable scratch resistant surface"

I know very well what "scratch resistance" is and that's specifically why I chose those words.
    I'm also very picky and keep my Apple gear looking like new, not a scratch no matter how small.

My iPhone 4S is carried in a Sena Ultraslim Leather Pouch.
    In my pocket, briefcase, laptop case, backpack, messenger bag, or whatever I'm carrying.

For just over one year I carried a caseless iPhone 4, and now the iPhone 4S, with only the pouch.
    Here is what it looks like.

[​IMG]

----------

I too, always pass my year old MBP's MBA's and iPhones to family members or friends.

I have neither the time, or desire to resell them. When I pass them on they are as good as the day I bought them, not a scratch or mark anywhere. I even pack them up in their original packages, with all documentation and such.

It's a great feeling to give to those who appreciate it. :)

11. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

As a matter of fact your post reminded me of the scratch resistance and I just wanted to reiterate that it wasn't scratch proof. So yes. I read your post. Your post actually drove me to get involved in the thread.

Yes, you use a case. But, just saying again. things happen. Lucky for you that you haven't scratched any of your stuff. But laws of averages are that we'll all scratch one....eventually.

12. G-TEC macrumors newbie

installed my Tech armor on my 4S 4 days ago and its great! Would definitely recommend it and well worth the $. It was super easy to install. I had to peel it off 2 or 3 times to reinstall it as I was very OCD about a perfect alignment with the homebutton and camera/speaker. Just basically lifted it with my finger nail. Used regular scotch tape to remove any lint from the screen side of the protector. Finally got it aligned perfectly with no bubbles. Key is to not push down on the screen protector after its laid down untill I was satisfied with alignment. Once aligned perfectly I gave it a gentle firm press onto the phone.

I find after wiping the screen down throughly, I gave the iphone screen a quick puff of air from a can of compressed air to ensure no lint, then immediately install the screen protector. Wiping down with a cleaning cloth seems to always leave a few small pieces of lint which drives me nuts.

Screen protector feels just like the bare iphone screen. So far the screen protector seems to resist finger prints.

13. rjbeh macrumors regular

Did you buy it from their website?

14. G-TEC macrumors newbie

I bought it from someone on EBay. Was able to haggle for a cheaper price for multiple protectors .