QNAP AFP Sidebar Issue

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by MacTCE, Feb 28, 2014.

1. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I have a QNAP NAS that I've been running AFP on until I upgraded to Mavericks. After reading that Apple was defaulting I changed my connections to SMB, (well CIFS to be more specific since that seemed to connect faster with quicker connections.) To make a long story short I disabled AFP on the QNAP but I'm still seeing the AFP share on the sidebar of my MBP. Anyone have any idea how to remove this? I've tried Googling and searching here with no success.

Thanks

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I still use AFP on my Qnap, why disable it when it was working fine even with Mavericks :confused:

3. MacTCE thread starter macrumors 6502

There's a lot of documented issues with the QNAP Turbo NAS appliances and AFP with Mavericks. Both connection and speed issues. Since Apple is embracing SMB2 as the default anyways I decided to just disable AFP.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't use any of the Qnap apps, and you still need AFP AFAIK, if you use TimeMachine to back up your data onto the qnap. TM still uses AFP.

While there may be documented issues, are you running into any specific problems with AFP?