Qnap ts659 pro on lan speed issues or not ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Data, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Data macrumors 6502

Hi all, i am the happy owner of a QNap 6bay server with 6 drives in it in raid 6 , i set it up and it seems to work on lan ( did not get to configuring the device to be able to connect to it from the net ), but the speeds i get while transfering files threw the finder in osx are dropping fast after it is on for a while.

First of i would like to know what speeds should be possible with a setup like this over a network that is fully wired and gigabit on all devices involved.

The best i have had when i just restarted the Qnap was peeks of 70MB/s average about 55/60MB/s , that is what menu meters tells me anyway, but that seems quite aqurate to me.

Second after the device is on for a day or so and i tried to move a big folder again via the finder now i only get 7MB/s Max and it keeps fluctuating between that and 0MB/s , so what is happening that it all crawls to a hold?

With the Qget monitor i can see the cpu usage of the Nas and that is on avarige at about 25 % so i dont think that is the problem.

Anybody here have a set up like this that can help me out maybe ?

Thanks , Data.

2. mavo-2010 macrumors newbie

qnap - exact the same problem

Hi there, I have exactly the same problem. My new Qnap 459 works perfectly but when it comes down to copying large amount of data from the Finder into the Folder of the qnap, I have the same problem: the Datastream jumps from 0 MB/s to 10MB/s. Have you found a solution for this problem? Thanks for help!!!