Q's about a couple of oddities re. new MB Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Greenone, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Greenone macrumors 6502

Hello -

When I click on the built-in mouse (whatever it's called), it's a lot louder/snappier sounding and feeling - makes more of a loud clicking sound - then my old Powerbook G4 did. Might I have gotten one that's a little out of whack or are they all that way? If it's normal, why so "clicky?" These days aren't they able to make things softer/quieter?

I also noticed how sharp one of the corners is in the area where the latch (or lack of) is...that center area where you lift up the lid. I like that much better than the old one but does anyone else have the problem of a corner being too sharp?

That's all for now - thank you!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The click softens with use but you realise you can tap the whole pad don't you. You don't need to click the trackpad at the bottom at all. Can't say I've noticed the area you state as being sharp being sharp so to speak.

3. Jottle macrumors 6502

The unibody mbp's all have a louder and firmer trackpad click. This can be adjusted, but you'll have to take out your built in battery to get at the screw that tightens/loosens the track pad click sound and firmness.