QT Pro best Export for iPad viewing

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Soura2112, May 4, 2010.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

I am using FC, non of the movies are High Def, they were shot on a simple MiniDV camera. I have lots of videos I want to put on my iPad but the iPad will not take a simple .mov file. So far all I can get is Mpeg-4 files to come up, so I am looking for the best way to use Mpeg-4. In the past I have only used .Mpeg for simple web videos, such as YouTube or my webpage.
    Can someone help me out on getting the best picture from all the options .Mpeg4 has to offer? I have been playing around but it's been taking a lot of time to figure this out. I thought it would have been simple, thinking the iPad would take .Mov files.
    Any help would be great! Thanks so much

2. xStep macrumors 68000

Scroll down the iPad specs page to 'TV and video'. The video capability details are listed there. Note the mention of 'Simple Profile'. I think that means you might have to choose the 'Basic' format of H.264.

Because your source material is minDV, I think you want to create a 480p video (that would be non interlaced) in a H.264 container (.m4v, .mp4, and .mom). Audio would be ACC. If the option of using 2-pass encoding is available, choose that.

I haven't seen any online formulas yet for this.