QT6 killed my avis!

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
I'm surprised I haven't seen a question like this about QT6 yet... if there has been one, please forgive me, I missed it.

I updated to QT6 when it was released, and now every avi file on my machine plays with green lines through it. Big, thick, can't-see-what's-going-on-behind-them green lines.

Anyone else having that problem? What goes on?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Ok, so I went and tried my avi files, and they didn't work at all, saying the files aren't on my machine, but available on line. What's up with that? I'm going to go and try and fix it, but it doens't look good.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
duke, I know it's your first time to Macrumors, but at least don't go nuts on double posting! :D :p :D :p

I really don't think Quicktime has ever had excellent support for AVIs. I'm sure there are ways to convert them, such as Divx or something. I'm not too sure where the website is, to download it, myself, as I read about it a few times a while back. :D :cool:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I had some issues with being out of my airport zone, I think. It happens once in a while. Anyway, a little research and I found this, the bastards.....

Beej

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
To explain myself a bit better, it is mainly divx and 3ivx files that are the problem. They worked fine before QT6, and have green lines though them now.

I have divx 5a installed, as well as 3ivx 3.5 and 4 d2.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
beej man, my avi's work great, hey if you need some good playback download 3ivx from versiontracker it will fix it right, with sounds and all :D enjoy

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
so, if you're not having a problem with your .avi files, then why am I? Now I'm a little annoyed.

D

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Originally posted by King Cobra
duke, I know it's your first time to Macrumors, but at least don't go nuts on double posting! :D :p :D :p

I really don't think Quicktime has ever had excellent support for AVIs. I'm sure there are ways to convert them, such as Divx or something. I'm not too sure where the website is, to download it, myself, as I read about it a few times a while back. :D :cool:
man.... yer jus going crazy with double posts arent you :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.