Quad Core 24" Dell XPS One

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Eidorian, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

2. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

quoting from the link above,
    undoubtedly pricey?

the same morons will claim what a bargain the lower spec'd imac 24" model is at $2199! (lets seee, a mere core 2 duo (compare to quad qore on dell), 2gb ram (vs 4gb ram on dell), 500gb (vs 750gb on dell), nvidia 8800 (vs 9600m gt)

FACT is dell $1999 model provides more than imac. if imacs were to have the same spec's as dell, it would cost over $3000! i just tried adding (4gb) memory ($150) and hard drive (750gb) for $100. totalling $2449 already!! now now, we still have the core 2 processor. which you can't change.

so you're paying nearly $500 (still lower processor) whereas you get a QUAD core machine with everything mentioned above for $2000 from Dell.

still undoubtedly pricey? it is pricey for a computer, but when compared to apple, it is not pricey at all.

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yep. and what is always apple's response to that? "you can't put a price on good software"

4. djellison macrumors 68020

You can. It's right there on there store. OSX is about £80 I believe.

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Anandtech have done a comparative test. Basically it was a tie. Given than iMacs are likely to be upgraded in the next month or so I'd say that it was pretty impressive that a more-or-less end of life Mac was as good as a just-released Dell at a similar price point...