Quad-core white MacBooks?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ThomasJL, Jun 2, 2011.

1. ThomasJL macrumors 6502a

If you had to guess, when do you think quad-core white MacBooks will be released?

2. Duluth Baptist macrumors member

Given that lower-end Macbook pros are still dual-core, and that the new Macbook refresh (if it happens at all, not everybody is positive that it won't just be killed) that would be about to happen won't out-spec a mid-cycle Macbook pro, you're looking at a timeframe of at least 13 months, and probably something between 2 years and never.

2 years because that's probably how long it will be before quad-core is the smallest Intel they'll put in a machine. Never because by then there's a decent chance Apple will either: 1. Kill the Macbook line in favor of the Airs and low-end Pros, or 2. Change processor philosophies.

3. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

If they do keep the MacBooks around, possibly as close to quad core as they will get for now is a Core i3. These chips are dual core processors but each core has hyper-threading.

Personally I dont think Apple will kill of their budget MacBooks, but you never know :)

4. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

I've heard that the refresh will include a white core i3, and black core i5.

5. nec207 macrumors 6502

The Macbook and Macbook air are way over do for a update.

Mostly it is in summer or fall when they do the update for back to school .

It is mostly college or University kids that get this has Macbbook pro is too costly.And people that get Macbook or Macbook air are more into office and light use.

Where Macbbook pro are more into the heavy stuff.