quad processors in 13 inch macbook pros

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Acorn, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

with all the changes coming in the processors I was wondering what the chances are of having a quad processor that has low enough heat to fit in the 13 inch macbook pro.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Would be interesting, even though I would not benefit from a quad, dual is plenty for me I think it might pull a lot people away from the 15, especially if they updated the resolution on the 13. All I hope is that they do not merge the 13 air and pro into a hybrid machine, that would be terrible.

4. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

one thing i know is...never say never. i remember arguing on the forums (at macnn LOL) when i got the late-2008 13" and firewire was gone.

i wanted it back, but a lot of people were POSITIVE that the 13" could not fit an FW port on the side (yet look at what's there now... :D )

anything is possible.

5. Kaylor macrumors regular

Kaylor

Given the delay of the dual core Ivy chips and my belief that the MBP and MBA merge is NOT happening this year leads me to believe that the MBPs will see a refresh with the release of the quad core Ivy chips and the MBAs will see a refresh later in the year when the dual cores arrive.

Then again, who am I to guess, even though this is what I would prefer to happen :p

6. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

these posts keep me hopeful something can happen. Even if i did not need such a thing, I would not turn away more processing power.