Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

makiver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2009
Hallo Guys i hoppe you can help me to make a dump of the Quadro Rom ... her is a guide to use it.

open terminal, do a "kextload" of the kext.

Then run nvflash followed by "-iv" and it will give information

followed by "-b macquad4.rom" it will save the ROM to that file.

Must be only Nvidia card in for that to work.

Thx for work a help

Maki

nerdo

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2010
Deathstar Cantina
Makiver already tried to explain it to me in a private mail and it also made no sense. Sorry dude, don't mind helping but figured it out.

And sorry i'm not going to figure out a website, zeus site is a mess... they all are. And yeah I know, for YOu it is so simple etc. etc.

TheStrudel

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2008
If you struggle to figure out the Zeus website, I question what you're doing with a Mac Pro.

K6-III

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Zues tells me it can't find an Nvidia adapter. No time for messing around with NVflash to dump it, even though I know it's possible (using NVFlash on Mac pro means making all kinds of boot CD's and such)

mightymacman

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2017
San Luis Obispo, CA
Hi guys! I have a Quadro 4000 for PC card that I want to flash it's ROM and make it a Mac Card. Trouble is, I need a copy of the Quadro 4000 ROM for Mac. Does anyone know where I can obtain one? Download it perhaps? - Thanks!

flyproductions

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2014
Thank you for the direction, however I find these are PC ROMs. The Quadro 4000s Mac ROM does not appear to be listed. I appreciate your help though!
There is some not MVC but Apple/NV-Retail MacEFI Rom available for download at the lower end of this site.

But, as mentioned before, do not expect too much of this card.

Last edited:
Reactions: reukiodo

mightymacman

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2017
San Luis Obispo, CA
There is some not MVC but Apple/NV-Retail MacEFI Rom available for download at the lower end of this site.

But, as mentioned before, do not expect too much ofthis card.
Wahooo . . . this time, thanks to you, I've hit pay dirt. I intend to use this gfx card with High Sierra. So far, not figuring to go any higher. Thank you again for your time and your consideration, and your smarts! Wahoooo!! - Gary

Borowski

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2018
Thank you for the direction, however I find these are PC ROMs. The Quadro 4000 Mac ROMs does not appear to be listed.
Search for "Unverified Uploads". You'll find more than hundred ROMs for Q4000, a few are Mac-dumps; plz see the comment and VBIOS-size, e.g. "NVIDIA Quadro 4000 Mac Edition". VBIOS-size for mac-version is ALWAYS greater than 62KB, about 168KB.

mightymacman

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2017
San Luis Obispo, CA
Search for "Unverified Uploads". You'll find more than hundred ROMs for Q4000, a few are Mac-dumps; plz see the comment and VBIOS-size, e.g. "NVIDIA Quadro 4000 Mac Edition". VBIOS-size for mac-version is ALWAYS greater than 62KB, about 168KB.

Will do, thank you for the lead . . . er tip! - Gary

mistgod

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2020
Hallo Guys i hoppe you can help me to make a dump of the Quadro Rom ... her is a guide to use it.

open terminal, do a "kextload" of the kext.

Then run nvflash followed by "-iv" and it will give information

followed by "-b macquad4.rom" it will save the ROM to that file.

Must be only Nvidia card in for that to work.

Thx for work a help

Maki

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.