Quadro FX 4800 3,1 OS 10.8.5 Quicktime Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by dbeaty2, Oct 8, 2014.

1. dbeaty2 macrumors newbie

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out a problem. I just installed a Quadro FX 4800 in my Mac Pro and installed the latest drivers. Everything including PPro CC 2014 works. But Quicktime Pro brings the system to a standstill, the mouse cursor freezes and jumps every 5-10 secs like the system is in slow motion. If I quit Quicktime Pro 7.6.6 everything goes back to normal.

It's only Quicktime Pro that causes this. I need QT Pro to work. QT 10.2 works for playback normally. If I boot into safe mode QT Pro works! So maybe it's Quartz Extreme causing this? Can't think of what else to try. Thought maybe someone else has heard of this. I am running a Blackmagic board and eSATA board in the Mac.

2. MacVidCards Suspended

Hm, saw your email yesterday, will check on this now.

3. MacVidCards Suspended

Hmm...

I booted into 10.8.5 with a 4800 on a 3,1 cMP. It was connected via DP to Apple display and DVI to 30" Apple Display. I opened Quicktime Pro 7.7 (something like that, latest one from Apple) and had no trouble at all. I even played a few hi-res R3D clips from my days as Art Director at Playboy TV. All played smoothly.

I tried using the Nvidia web driver and the basic OSX driver. I was 100% unable to recreate this issue.

Could I suggest that you run Activity Monitor (in Utilities folder) and see if it shows what is using all the CPU cycles at that point?

4. fuchsdh macrumors 6502a

I ran a 3,1 with a 4800 and OS 10.8.5 for a while. Never had issues with Quicktime (aside from the black flashing when previewing files that was endemic in 10.8.)

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Jealous!! :cool: