Quake Live Mac Alternative - multiplayer FPS in browser

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by pidTHEmonkey, Sep 24, 2008.

1. pidTHEmonkey macrumors newbie

sup dudes. if you're bored, check out the mac beta of yet another browser-based multiplayer first-person shooter that's supposed to have top notch graphics and destructible environments all under 10 megs.

it's not as good as Quake Live (because obviously Carmack can never be beaten) but it's more of a watered-down mac-alternative in the meantime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the game is made by a small indie developer and and i was lucky enough to be one of the original beta testers.

you can play the public beta right now at: http://SanctionedRenegades.com

everything was created by long time FPS addicts, and is completely free (and will remain so, no ads or anything) ... but it be interesting to see what hard-core fps players think of this idea. (just remember that it's still a beta, so expect a few bugs here and there :) )

2. Dan.Dare macrumors member

Looks great! Thanks for posting the link, I'll be taking a look at this when I get in later.

I'm a big Urban Terror fan so it will be very interesting to see how the two games compare.

Viva free indie games! :D:D

3. timestoby macrumors 6502

that was interesting.how does it play in the browser anyway. no installs etc.