Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KBD Blackout

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Clermont, FL
I just got my new macbook pro 13" and I would like to use it for some moderate gaming use because I just moved to USA and my xbox live profile is now corrupted? Cannot recover for some reason too?
Anyway I bought COD4 for mac and i took down some of the graphics as recommended on another site and now that runs perfect and looks just like it did on my Xbox 360.
But some of my friends play Quake Wars and i would like to get it as there is a mac version but will it run ok? because i watched a video on youtube but that was of a 2008 macbook pro i think and it worked great on that i was just wondering what the difference would be like

Ol3s

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2008
L'viv, Ukraine
I just got my new macbook pro 13" and I would like to use it for some moderate gaming use because I just moved to USA and my xbox live profile is now corrupted? Cannot recover for some reason too?
Anyway I bought COD4 for mac and i took down some of the graphics as recommended on another site and now that runs perfect and looks just like it did on my Xbox 360.
But some of my friends play Quake Wars and i would like to get it as there is a mac version but will it run ok? because i watched a video on youtube but that was of a 2008 macbook pro i think and it worked great on that i was just wondering what the difference would be like

What settings are you play COD 4 on, cos i would like to see if there is some sort of setting that gives me 30+ FPS and makes it look nice graphically cos i usually can't get the game above 20 FPS on most maps.

Quake Wars will probably work as it is in the suggested games list for Macbook & Macbook Pro, but who knows what that could mean. I think, basing on my experience with my UMB, that most games work fine on medium settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.