Quality Earbuds with Mic **Read most forums, but still haven't found my answer**

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ShakeWellProd, Jul 1, 2008.

1. ShakeWellProd macrumors member

Hi, I've read so many reviews and post about finding a quality pair of in earbuds for my 3G iPhone when it comes out. I still haven't found anything solid.
    **Please don't post if your trying to sell your own product**
    What I need.

Great sounding, quality, audiophile earbuds that have good noise canceling and quality mic. I listen to House music so the bass must be good.

I will use them for a few hours at the gym and airplanes, so they can't bother the ears after long wear time.

Price $100-$179ish

must include multiple ear pieces (foam, rubber etc.)

I'll will be using them with my 3G iphone and hope not to have to use or buy any adapters.

I've researched the Etymotic hf2 Headset, but have found that too many people are saying that if you move around too much you can hear the wires rubbing against you in the headphones. Has this been the case for anyone else?

2. meglet macrumors member

meglet

I have the Sennheiser MM 50 iP earbuds. They are comfortable to wear, sound good, and I have not noticed any noise from the cables. The earbuds themselves are supposedly the same drivers as the Senn CX300s.

They do not include multiple earpieces, but any of the replacement packs for Shure, Ety, or random off-brands should fit. I am using the earpieces from the Sony earbuds I replaced, because I didn't like the texture of the ones that came with the MM 50 set.

More info in my Amazon review here.

This really is the most comfortable pair of earbuds I've used yet.

3. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

i bought a set of VMODA headphones from the apple store back in november and the sound quality is far superior from apples standard headphones. They also have a built in mic and where made to fit the recessed headphone jack of the first gen iphone. They will probably release an updated version with a shorter headphone jack as well to fit the 3g

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Shure MPA and Any Shure Headphone.

It seems like I'm the only one that realizes that this is the best solution. Go ask an Apple Store Employee what they would recommend for Audiphiles with an iPhone...

5. ShakeWellProd thread starter macrumors member

Thanks peeps for all your recommendations. I'll be getting something very soon and will let ya know what I end up with.